Each school can decide whether or not parents can invite other parents to the directory. This setting is controlled through the Admin/Settings page. By default, it is turned on, allowing parents to invite other parents.
When a user views a student page for a student that currently does not have any parent contact information in the directory, and they have the appropriate rights, they will see a parent invitation form. The form allows asks for a first name and an email address of the parent to be invited. Once the form is successfully completed, the following will happen:
- The invited parent is sent an email from the person that filled out the invitation form.
- The email asks the invitee to click a button in the email to add their contact information to the directory.
- When the invitee clicks the button, they are taken to a form where they can complete their contact information and whether or not the student lives with them
- Once this form is successfully completed, the parent contact information will be added to the directory and linked to the student.
- The invited parent can then choose to either add contact information for another parent or register as a user.